Friday 24 June 2016

Review: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas


Name: A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 624
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Bloomsbury
ISBN: 978-1-4088-5788-5
Rating: 5/5 (But let's be serious, there isn't a number high enough)

This is the second book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. My review for the first book is here.

Sarah J. Maas is the queen of angsty love and apparently steamy romances. Oh my.

So this book virtually carries straight on from the first novel with Feyre struggling to come to terms with what happened Under the Mountain. Completely understandable. The novel from there takes a completely different direction but I couldn't be more happy with it. This was absolutely amazing. Looking back on the novel I feel that this instalment has even more Beauty and the Beast elements than the first one. Getting to see more of the different Courts in Pyrthian was so interesting.  They all sound so beautiful. The vastness of the land is unbelievable, I don't know how Sarah manages it.

Rhysand is my favourite. He's such a complex character. That is all.

The shape the story is taking really intrigues me. How the two lands come together in the novel is done so well. I'm so excited to see how everything plays out in the next novel(s). OH. The fight scenes and magic wielding is amazing. A good action scene makes me very happy and this book is full of them. FULL OF THEM.

Can we take a brief moment for this cover.... Thank you.

Have you read this? No? WHY THE HELL NOT?

Katie x


Now for the spoiler discussion.




** SPOLIERS**







**FINAL WARNING**

I was very much ready to throat punch Tamlin. How could he not see that Feyre was wasting away both physically and mentally before him? Because he treated her like a butterfly to delicate to do anything and nearly suffocated her. Enter Rhysand. The glorious, wonderful, complex Rhysand. I adore him and Feyre together. Feysand FTW.

Velaris. It sounds like such a beautiful place, I need to go but I can't which makes me so sad. Also the Summer Court sounds awesome. Even if they now hate the Night Court.

Rhys' inner circle is wonderful. Mor, I want her to be my best friend and I want Cassian and Azriel to be my older brothers. The new characters introduced were absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to read more about them.

How this book ended reminded me so much of the cliffhanger of Throne of Glass. We get this massive revelation and then have to wait..

Why so long?!

Anyway.

Tell me what you thought of A Court of Mist and Fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?