Wednesday 4 November 2015

October Wrap Up



I think I had a pretty good reading month if I do say so myself.

1. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

I enjoyed this a lot! I had a few minors issues with the plot and though it was a surprise I'm not overly sold on the ending. I will be posting a full review of this in the future and will discuss this in depth there.

2. Half Bad by Sally Green 3/5

I like this in theory. The concept of Black and White witches had been done before but the idea of a child that is half White and half Black is very different. Poor Nathan was shunned from both sides and treated particularly horrifically by a number of people. However, I felt this novel dragged on. It took a while to gain pace and I wasn't overly enamoured with the writing style. I abhorred one of the characters with the fury of a thousand souls.

3. Haf Wild by Sally Green 3/5

I had exactly the same problems with this novel. Great in theory but didn't deliver as well as it could have. I do plan on picking up the other book when it comes out but mainly to gain closure.

4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.

ASDFGHJKL. omg. The genius behind the Throne of Glass series wrote a retelling of beauty and the beast? You know there's gonna be a whole page of fangirl very soon.

4. Slither's Tale by Joseph Delaney 4/5

I will forever hail this as one of my favourite series' but this isn't my favourite novel from it. I like learning about new characters but I'm infatuated with the original ones. Grimalkin did feature in this, for a comparison think Manon Blackbeak (Throne of Glass) minus the iron teeth and nails. Yes, she's that badass. Slither is a haizda mage, a race of creature from a species known as Kobalos. He takes blood from humans and cattle and has now struck up a trade with three girls' father. The trade is sacred among Kobalos and must be fulfilled.

5. Saga Volume 3 by Fiona Staples & Brian K. Vaughn 5/5

Alana and Marko are husband and wife on the run from their respective authorities after ditching their posts and literally sleeping with the enemy. Their daughter Hazel, is at the centre of it all and it narrating what went on. Basically, this is one of my favourite graphic novel series. So dang cool.

6. Saga Volume 4 by Fiona Staples & Brian K. Vaughn 4/5 

Admittedly I didn't enjoy this instalment as much as the last but it still kicked ass. 

7. Walking Dead Volume One by Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore 5/5

Walkers bite you. You're a gonner. The series that inspired the ABC hit series. 

8. Chew Volume One by John Layman & Rob Guillory 5/5

Tony chu is a cibopath. He can tell where an apple had grown just by eating it. He's now been headhunted by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) to work with them regarding the chicken black market. Did I forget to mention that chicken is now illegal? 

Those are all the books I've read in the month of October. What did you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?