Wednesday 10 February 2016

January Wrap Up


I'm really pleased with what I read this month, two graphic novels and five novels. I read the Danish Girl by David Ebershoff but leant it out to a friend which is why it isn't in this picture.

1. Lumberjanes Volume 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Stevenson, Ellis, Watters & Allen 4.5/5.

I absolutely love this graphic novel series. It's so much fun. A group of friends attend a summer camp and get into all sorts of mischief with supernatural creatures.

2. Lumberjanes Volume 2: Friendship to the Max by Stevenson, Ellis, Watters & Allen 5/5.

I enjoyed this volume a little more as we were given more information and the story progressed greatly. I love the art style too! It's just so fun and bright.

3. The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff 3.5/5

I'll be the first to admit this isn't the sort of book I usually read but the topic matter sounded so interesting. It follows the first transgender women Lily Elbe and the lady she was married to before she understood that she was transgender. I really enjoyed this but as I say it isn't what I usually read which is why I found it difficult to get into.

4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.

War of the worlds for teenagers. The Others arrived and began to wipe out the human race with a series of waves.
I have a review planned for this so I will got more in-depth there.

5. Floodlands by Marcus Sedgwick 3.5/5

I adore Marcus Sedgwick's writing however I always struggle to get invested in such a short story. The gist of the novel is that the sea has risen to the point that Norwich is now an island, one that Zoe is desperate to get off and find her parents.

6. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.

Again I plan on doing a review for this one.

7. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard.

This is amazing. I have had a review ready for a good while now will be posting it very soon.

What books did you read this month?

Katie x

4 comments:

  1. How did you get a copy of Glass Sword already?? Can't wait for your review! Great wrap up, glad you had such a great reading month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work in a bookstore so I get sent/can request ARCs. It'll be out very soon! Aw, thank you! This month is shaping up to be pretty darn good too!

      Delete
  2. Omg All the Bright Places is such a good book. I hope you enjoyed it!

    I'm still a bit torn on if I'm going to read Glass Sword or not. The more good things I read about it though the more I think I will pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! I prefer it to TFIOS too.

      I thought Glass Sword was great, a definite improvement upon Red Queen :)

      Delete

What have you been reading lately?