Thursday 28 July 2016

June Wrap Up


I feel like although I bought a disgusting amount of books this month the amount I read compensates for it..slightly.

1. Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Volume One 4/5

This I really enjoyed but didn't have as much information as I would've wanted. The questions I have will most likely be answered in subsequent volumes though. The mythology in this novel suited me down to a tea, I really like how it humanised them. In fact it was entirely brilliant with regards to how the Gods were a part of the story. I'm excited to see where this goes.

2. Black Bird Volume One 3.5/5

Somewhat bizarre but I liked it nonetheless. It was fun to learn about the different clans of demons all after Misao. I enjoyed the story but in some parts felt a little uncomfortable, the relationship Kyo keeps trying to force was Misao was odd to say the least. A little 50 shades of grey at times. I understand it in relation to the story but still. Ew. I do intend to continue on with the series.

3. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger 3/5

I've never read a Kody Kiplinger novel before but I would like to read more. It wasn't groundbreaking or insightful but I read it in one sitting. Her writing was so easy to follow and straightforward. Almost addicting.

4. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

I'll be posting a review for this soon.

5. Tales from the Kingdom by Sarah Pinborough

I think Beauty was my favourite story from this collection but I enjoyed all of them. I will say be warned they are rather 'sexy'. Not for younger readers. The way she changed aspects of the traditional fairytales was brilliant. I really liked how certain characters spanned all three stories.

6. Tokyo Ghoul Volume 1-7

I'll have a review up for this series soon.

7. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman 3.5/5

I regret not re-reading Seraphina before I started this one. I think I would've enjoyed and understood this more if I had done. It took me a while to get into this but once I did I couldn't put it down. I didn't see any of the twists coming that happened and the new characters that were introduced were brilliant.

8. The Wicked and the Divine Volume One: The Faust Act 3/5

The 3/5 is only for the artwork really, I didn't understand the story. It was so difficult to follow. The only part I enjoyed was Lucifer. Best character by far.

9. Saga Volume 5 5/5

Finally! Saga is back on track and even more fabulous. I loved how this volume went, what hours happened to the characters.

10. I Hate Fairyland Volume One: Madly Ever After 5/5

If you haven't read this yet then what are you doing?! Bright murderous colours. A creepy old woman  trapped in a childs body. Just read it.

Those are all the novels, manga and graphic novels that I read this month.

What did you read?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?