Wednesday 20 January 2016

Best Books of 2015


These are my favourite books I read in 2015, they aren't necessarily books published this year. They aren't in any particular order though.

If I have reviews for any of these I'll link them.

1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Review

I adore this. Such a complex world. Mare is a Red, a worker in society. However she isn't a normal red, nor is she the only person like this. The Silvers, the nobles and the royals don't want people to find out though so they adopt her. Though it's more like a prison, she must play the part of be killed.

2. Lexicon by Max Barry. Review

A world controlled by words. Words that have the power to do anything and when they get into the wrong hands it isn't ideal.

3. Red Rising by Pierce Brown. Review

I have professed my love for this more times than I want to admit..

4. Golden Son by Pierce Brown. Review

This one too.

5. The Disreputable history of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. Review

Fabulous feminism. A cast of witty characters. What more could you want?

6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Review

A beauty and the beast retelling but with fae and Sarah's writing style. Hell yes.

7. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. Review

The most recent, and in my opinion the best of the Throne of Glass series.

8. Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch. Review

Kingdoms at war and royalty in refuge. Only by uniting both half of the conduit can the Kingdom of Winter be rebuilt.

9. Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.

If you were told that your touch could kill what would you do?

10. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab. Review

Three versions of London only travellers can cross between. They are known as the Antari and they are very far and few between.


Those are my top ten favourite books of 2015.

What were yours?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?