Saturday 12 March 2016

Literary List #8 - Favourite Graphic Novels

I started reading graphic novels around this time last year and have since discovered some wonderful series'. Granted I'm still exploring what's out there but I thought I'd give you some of my favourites, so far. It'd be fun to do this again next year and see if they change!


 1. Chew by John Layman & Rob Guillory

Tony Chu is a Cibopath meaning he gets psychic impressions of whatever he eats. Something particularly useful in a world where chicken is illegal.

This graphic novel has such a unique plot and wonderfully vibrant art style. A must for anyone who enjoys detective stories.



2. Nailbiter by Joshua Williamson & Mike Henderson. 

When an FBI profiler disappears in the city that spawned some of the vilest serial killers an NSA agent must work with notorious serial killer Edward 'Nailbiter' Warren to find his friend. 

A violent, chilling and nightmarish graphic novel. I love it. 



3. Rat Queens by Kurtis J. Wiebe & Roc Upchurch

The Rat Queens are a pack of drunk, promiscuous, ass kicking mercenaries.

What more could you want?



 4. Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson

The Lumberjanes are a pack of diverse girls attending a summer camp where they get into all sorts of paranormal bother.

Wherever I mention Noelle Stevenson I have to comment on how awesome her art style is. It's brilliant.




5. Giant Days by John Allison & Lisa Treiman

Three girls, one university and many many issues.

I've only just read this but I know it will remain one of my favourites. I love how diverse the characters are. The banter between them is so fun to read.

Great if anyone has just started university!






That's it for my favourite graphic novels!

Do you have any favourites?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?