Wednesday 30 March 2016

Review: The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury


Name: The Sleeping Prince
Author: Melinda Salisbury
Pages: 367
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Scholastic
ISBN: 978-1-407147-64-2
Rating: 5/5

The second instalment of the Sin Eater's Daughter series.

To begin with I was confused as to how this novel linked with the first. I thought it was simply set in the same world. Granted it's been a good long while since I've read the Sin Eater's Daughter. I quickly realised how connected the two novels are. So much of the foundation work for this novel came from how the last one ended. The planning and how this novel progressed from the first was simply superb.

The religion and myths created in this world are so interesting and unique. I absolutely adore them. The town names, character names everything fitted together so well.

Silas. Where do I begin. I love him. He's so cool. I thought he was a great addition to the novel. Errin is just as awesome. The ending for this novel has be dying to read the next. I need it now!

The writing style in this series is so beautiful. It emphasises the whimsical magic of the world so well. Do I ever need to tell you how gorgeous the cover is. I mean look at it. Just look at it.

The beginning of the novel was pretty slow to star but quickly picked up pace. By the end of the novel I was heartbroken and highly confused. I'd figured out some of what was going to happen early on in the novel but I was still taken aback when it was revealed.

I adore this series. Slowly creeping into my favourite series'...

Have you read this?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?