Wednesday 10 June 2015

Harry Potter Spells Tag

I wasn't tagged to do this but I saw it and couldn't help myself. 

Questions:
1. Expecto Patronum: a childhood book connected to good memories.




For me this would have to be the actual Harry Potter Series. They are the books that really inspired my love of reading and I continue to love them today. I, in fact am actually sat here typing with a Deathly Hallows necklace on.

2. Expelliarmus:  a book that took you by surprise. 




Rather than a book surprising me it was a series. The Darkness Rising series by Kelley Armstrong. I hadn't expected to love this as much as I do. The character Maya, is such a free spirit but struggles to fit in initially. The only thing that makes her feel like she fits in is the paw print bookmark on her hip. 

3. Prior Incantato - The last book you read.




Neil Gaiman's Ocean at the End of the Lane. It's a book that you read and feel high. Worms in feet that transform into humans, a very old young girl and an ocean that can fit into a bucket. 

4.  Alohamora - A book that introduced you to a genre you hadn't considered before.




Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Prior to reading this novel I tended to stick with mainly fantasy and sci-fi. I never dabbled in an contemporary fiction but one day I just decided to give this a go and I haven't looked back since. I now love contemporary fiction and have added a lot more to my past reads. 

5. Riddikulus - a funny book you've read. 




Game of Thrones. Simply because of the one liners Tyrion comes out with. He is hilarious. I don't believe I have ever laughed as much when he announced to his father while drunk that he was the "God of t*ts and wine." I think I cried. 

6. Sonorous - a book you think everyone should know about.




Always the Spook's series by Joseph Delany. I adore it and him as a person. I've met him a few times and he's lovely! These books are amazing. There are twelve in the actual series but each one has a fantastic story, it's not like they were being churned out clutching at straws for another story. Then there are a few novellas and two new books in two new series'. One of those being a spin off from the Spook's series and then Arena 13. 



7. Obliviate - a book or spoiler you would like to forget having read. 




I WAS TOLD THE ENDING OF THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. That is all...

8. Imperio - A book you had to read for school. 


To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. It's now one of my favourite novels and I'm so excited for the release of Go Set A Watchman on the 14th July. 

9. Crucio - a book that was painful to read. 


(I have since removed this from my collection)

Dracula. I decided to give it a whirl and it took me so long! I struggled with the form of the novel. I like prose rather than letters and diary entries. 

10. Avada Kedavra - a book that could kill. (Interpret how you wish) 



Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. The feels are soul destroying. It's a beautiful book, but such a sad sad read. Based on a girl who commits suicide and leaves her reasons why on thirteen tapes. She sends them all to those who have had some impact on her making this decision. 

I tag all of you who have yet to do this tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?