Saturday 6 June 2015

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!


I believe that Fairies are an underrated creature in the myth universe so I've decided to show case a few of my favourite Fae novels.

1. Knife by R.J Anderson. 

Kind of your typical fairies, small but very feisty. They live in a giant oak tree at the bottom of a garden and all Knife has ever known is that life is difficult beyond belief. And it's about to get a whole lot more difficult...

Great novel and series! Very different and I would say it's suitable for younger readers too (10+ I'd say.) Brilliant writing style in these books.

2. Need by Carrie Jones. 

Pixies are a kind of fae right? So Zara has just moved to live with her grandmother, in Maine. She is obsessed with Phobias, collects them. Then, in this supposed sleepy town there is a guy following her... a guy that leaves a trail of gold dust. This guy is a Pixie and he's coming for Zara.

Full of action! The series progresses wonderfully too! I love the character development in Zara and her man friend later on in the series *Eyebrow wiggle*.

3. Wings by Aprilynne Pike.

I adore these. Laurel is a fairy, she used to know that but she volunteered for a mission. Now she has no idea that she's a fairy until she grows a giant ass flower on her back that is. The time that the flower blooms also dictates what time of year the fairy was born and therefore there job/class in society. Things get tricky for Laurel when a male fairy begins to take note of her whilst she's out in the woods.

Stunning covers on these books! A quartet of book that I read a while back but would definitely read again in the beat of a heart.

4. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater.

Deirdre is a harpist who gets God-awful nausea before she plays in front of a large crowd. Enter the 'oh so gorgeous' Luke who calms this sickness ever so easily. Then they play a haunting duet and Deirdre falls madly in love.

Utterly bizarre but well worth a read!


Do you believe in fairies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?