Monday 5 October 2015

September Book Haul



Autumn brings wonderful new book releases that practically call my name and well, you can't just get one book... 

1. Night Owls by Jenn Bennett. 

Beatrix meets a dashing graffiti artist named Jack on the Owl, the nightbus of San Fransisco. Throughout the story Beatrix gets to see who Jack really is. 

2. Red Rising by Pierce Brown. 

After hearing Tashopolis of Youtube sing the praises of this book I needed to give it a go! The book is based on the idea of a class system whereby 'Reds' are the workers who are mining the interior of Mars believing themselves to be Earth's last chance as it's dying. However, the protagonist, Darrow finds out this is all false and Mars is actually habitable and has been for years. A group that are known as 'Golds' live and thrive there.

3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. 

Shock horror. I haven't read the Lunar Chronicles. I thought that this needed to be rectified. Cinder is quite simply a retelling of Cinderella with a few added touches, like Cinder is a cyborg. 

4. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. 

*Heavy breathing* Anyone who has ever read a book blog or visited the world of BookTube knows how amazing The Throne of Glass series is. I'm about 150 pages away from finishing this book and am debating whether to do two reviews of it because it's that freaking awesome and I need to fangirl to the fullest extent. But spoilers. I've raved about this series before here and here

5. City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. 

I have read the first book of the infernal devices and very much enjoyed it though I have decided to read the Mortal Instruments before I continue of with that series. 

6. Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick. 

After reading My Swordhand is Singing I fell in love with how Sedgwick writes. Revolver is based in the 1900's in the Arctic where a mysterious stranger's stories causes Sig Anderson to think about his Father's Colt revolver, thats just waiting to be used. 

7. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab. 

A magician named Kell is one of the last travellers. A traveller being a magician that possess the ability to travel between parallel universes connected by one cit - London. 

8. Rat Queens Volume One : Sass and Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch. 

Basically a group of badass women killing monsters and drinking away the days. My kind of gals! 


What books have you bought this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?