Saturday 21 May 2016

April Book Haul


Lets not focus on the fact I had to take two pictures for this haul, kay? Thanks.


1. Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard.

I adored Red Queen and Glass Sword so I needed to get this. Red Queen Review Glass Sword Review.

2.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

I don't know why I haven't read this series already. I know I'm going to love it.

3. The White Rose by Amy Ewing.

The concept of this sounds so interesting. A world where pregnancy is a death sentence. Thats all I really know. Colour me intrigued.

4. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.

Time travel and pirates. What more do you need? I've already read this one too so I'll talk more about my thoughts in a review.

5. The Novice by Trudi Canavan.

As soon as I started reading The Magician's Guild I knew I'd need to get the others.

6. The High Lord by Trudi Canavan

^^ See previous

7. Tales from the Kingdoms by Sarah Pinborough

The stories of Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty retold.

8. Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney.

The second book in the Iron Witch trilogy. Its been years since I read the first one so I think I'll need to reread that.

9. Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave.

A really cool sounding middle grade adventure. Isabella has longed to travel to the foreign lands her father once mapped. When her best friend disappears she has the chance to do just that.

10. Half Lost by Sally Green.

I have been waiting for this! I read the other two books in this trilogy, they weren't amazing but they were enjoyable.

11. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi.

A graphic novel about the child of a radical Marxist and the great-granddaughter or Iran's last emperor.

12,13 & 14 The Internment Chronicles by Lauren Destefano.

So I bought the third book accidentally... But they sound great! It is forbidden to think about the world outside of the city. Morgan's brother gets to curious and does exactly that.

15. Memory of Water by Emmi Itaranta

Nor turns seventeen and is entrusted with the secret of a freshwater spring hidden within the caves near her rural village. A responsibility that holds more than she first thought.

16. Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer.

Delilah manages to do what many of us want. She brought the Prince in her book to life.

What books did you get this month?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?