Wednesday 18 May 2016

Review: Trial By Fire by Josephine Angelini


Name: Trial by Fire
Author: Josephine Angelini
Pages: 373
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Macmillan
ISBN: 978-1-44726082-0
Rating: 4.5/5

Lily is allergic to everything. She's been restricted by her reactions and outcasted by her mothers psychotic ramblings. All she wants is to go to a party with her best friend Tristan and maybe just maybe he'll finally feel the same way about her. But its never that simple is it? After someone slips vodka in her drink Lily's reactions are exposed for all to see. Embarrassed and humiliated she wishes she could just disappear. She does.

This is one of those books that has been sitting on my shelf for far too long going unloved. Thank heavens for the TBR Jar of shame. I'm so happy I read this. It was slow to start which is why this isn't a 5 star review but I soon found myself wanting to get back to it, constantly thinking about the characters.

I adore Lily. I think she's so resilient, fun and caring. She's the one main character that doesn't have a flaw that really irritates me. I doubt this will ever happen again. I liked her interactions her the Tristan from her world, they were real and believable. Even if it meant that Tristan had to be a tool. I'm glad that the otherworld Tristan is a little nicer.

Rowan. Why is the character named Rowan always a gorgeous caring man that makes real world guys pale in comparison? Because authors are evil, thats why.

Story wise I liked how this flowed. It felt natural and enjoyable but a little slow in some parts. I love Lillian. As a 'villain' I think she's brilliant. Gideon however is a about as intimidating as a wet dishcloth. You don't really want to have to deal with it but if you have to, you will. In comparison so Carrick he really is a dishcloth. I feel like Carrick is going to end up being a greater villain just from how he acts. I don't like him. I don't like him at all.

Overall, I loved this.

Have you read Trial by Fire?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?