Sunday 22 May 2016

April Wrap up


Considering I was travelling a the end of April I had a pretty damn good reading month. May hasn't be as successful up to now. I didn't end up reading as much as I thought I would on holiday.

1. The Fall of Icarus by Ovid. 3/5

I adore Greek and Roman culture so I really liked this but considering this excerpt it titled 'The Fall of Icarus' it didn't focus much on Icarus but Daedalus. I found it difficult to follow in some parts too. Greek literature tends to be rather 'waffly'.

2,3&4. The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan.

I have reviews coming for each book soon.

5. Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson.

I also have a review coming for this soon.

6. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. 4/5

I thought this was great after I realised that this novel follows two timelines. Now and then that track Lena's progress post Alex. I loved the turn that this novel took. It was great to see Lena in a position of power actually doing something. THE ENDING. I knew it had to happen.

7. Requiem by Lauren Oliver 4.5/5

I felt like this was a satisfying conclusion for the most part. The ending similarly to Dreamland (I'll talk more in my review) seemed to appear out of nowhere. I wanted to see what happened with Lena and the guy. However, romance notwithstanding the last lines were so damn powerful.

8. Lumberjanes Volume Three - A Terrible Plan by Stevenson, Watters & Nowak 3.5/5

THE ART STYLE CHANGED. TF. I liked the old one so much better, it fit this graphic series so much better. I also don't like how the group was split up for the majority of this trade. It focused more on a romance than them being a kicks group of friends. That being said I still liked the story, just not as much as I liked the previous ones.

What did you read in April?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?