Thursday 26 May 2016

Review: The High Lord by Trudi Canavan


Name: The High Lord
Author: Trudi Canavan
Pages: 642
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Orbit
ISBN: 978-1-84149-962-8
Rating: 5/5

This is the third and final book in the Black Magician series so I shan't give a synopsis because spoilers.

This was definitely my favourite book of the trilogy. There was so much action, intrigue and even a little romance. It ended up taking a completely different direction to what I thought would happen and managed to shock me a further three times with subsequent events. I don't think a book has ever managed to surprise me so much. It helped that what I wanted to happen also happened.

Sonea turns into such a strong character in this novel. She doesn't take sh*t from anyone. Its great. She even puts the High Lord in his place which is so much fun to read about.

I liked seeing how the politics within the Guild worked when they were trying to sort out plans and missions for people. It really showed how imperfect they are which the lower classes needed to see. At least I wanted them to see that.

The ending of this novel had me in bits for both happy and sad reasons. Read it. You'll see what I mean.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?